What is pop art? It’s a brightful style with bold colors, using only straight lines to create strong images. ‘Pop art portraits with Procreate’ class is available on Skillshare, and you can get a 14 days free trail with the link. The class is also available on demand here.
In this class you’ll learn how to paint fun and colorful portraits in a pop art style.
Let’s have a look at the different chapters of the class:
1. How to select a reference photo, either a personal one, or one from internet. I have gathered for you a lot of copyright free images on a Pinterest board., and the photo used in class is downloadable in the resource section.
2. How to sketch from this photo, simply by tracing on it with straight lines.
3. How to select and fill the shapes created from the previous sketch. I include a color palette swatches in the resource section from where you can pick up your colors.
Want to know more about gouache?
Sign up now to get my exclusive gouache guide with 60 tips!
4. How to tweak the colors and check your values on the final image
5. How to fill the shapes with textures and how to add textures on top of the solid colors, for a very different look.
Carol made a blog post about the class.
very fun class, i’ll have lots of fun playing with this technique!
Loved this class. So much fun and great tips that I can use in these portraits as well as other projects. Thanks.
A wonderful class Cécile, I really enjoyed this class, it was a bit challenging in places, but taught me a lot on how to look at light and shade. I can’t wait to make more. I recommend this class, Cécile is a wonderful teacher and describes things very well.
Did you see my other Procreate classes?
Do you want to learn more about painting, join a community of like-minded artists and have fun?
Join my Membership 'Art With Cecile' with monthly painting tutorials and live sessions.